Day 5 reflections: Julie


Today was an emotional day as we shared the sorrow of Ubaldo's daughters death. 

(Ubaldo is studying to be a pastor and he has been helping along side us to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ each day at the clinic.  His daughter was admitted to the hospital last week.  She has had trouble all her short life of 21 years. Complications occurred and she passed away from a heart attack)

As we served at the clinic and saw the joy we brought to those we were helping and how they made us smile my mind kept drifting back to brother Ubaldo and his family and what they are enduring.

We went to his home after the clinic to offer our condolences and pray with the family. On our way home we shared with one another our thoughts and how God uses losses and sadness to bring about good and how His time is never our time.

Some of us began pulling out our phones and sharing photos of our family members   I know for myself I was once again reminded of one of my greatest and dearest joys in my life,  "my family".  

We will continue to keep Ubaldo and his family in our prayers.


This is the pathway to Ubaldo's family home.  It was a treacherous and steep climb. We cannot imagine how it is to travel this path many times a day.  We especially cannot imagine carrying a child on our backs on this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment